GI-APP: Government and Industry Affiliates and Partners Program
The Government and Industry Affiliates and Partners Program (GI-APP) is developed and hosted by the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT: non-profit and public higher education) at the University of the District of Columbia in Washington, D.C., USA. The program is designed to support the needs of industry (world-wide), government agencies, and academia in a mutually beneficial and synergistic manner. GI-APP is an enabler for realizing key breakthroughs in networking, recruitment, and collaboration in computer science R&D and businesses.
We would always welcome a meeting call from you. We offer in-person meeting with a campus tour and web-based audio and video meeting. Please contact Dr. Lily Liang (Chair Professor) at (240) 274-5068 or lliangudc.edu.
Benefits to Affiliates and Partners:
(1) GI-APP Meeting: CSIT will host per-semester GI-APP meeting two times a year - one in March and the other in October every year starting in October 2014. The conference will be held in CSIT facilities within a walking distance from Van Ness Metro station in the District of Columbia's vibrant North West region.
- All affiliates and partners are invited without any registration fee;
- All affiliates and partners have an opportunity to give a presentation;
- All affiliates and partners have an opportunity to recruit students;
- All affiliates and partners have access to faculty expertise;
- All affiliates and partners have networking and collaboration opportunities with each other;
- Each partner is further allowed to co-host its own session and to invite others;
(2) All affiliates and partners will be invited to join CSIT's Advisory Board, providing an opportunity to influence our education in computer science and information technology both at the undergraduate level and at the graduate level.
(3) All affiliates and partners will have access to online resumes submitted by students at all degree levels allowing for opportunities to interview and discuss employment opportunities for both permanent and co-op/internship positions.
(4) Partners can request seminars and lectures by faculty members at the company's site.
(5) Partners will have access to (partenered) Research Labs for collaborative R&D activities and grant proposal submissions.
Benefits to the University:
(1) Students will have placement opportunities and more opportunities to see trends and needs in the industry and government agencies, outside the academic boundary. This will contribute to their success in career.
(2) Faculty will have more opportunity to make contributions to our society through consultations and collaborations with industry and government in research, development, and education challenges and opportunities.
(3) The department will have more resources available to its students and faculty, further enhancing and expanding its excellence in research and education, returning even more to its stakeholders.
How to Join:
Membership in the GI-APP requires a qualifying contribution to the department. Contribution guidelines are modest:
- $200/year for individual entrepreneurs or startups with 10 or fewer employees
- $500/year for startups and companies of fewer than 50 employees
- $2,000/year for those with between 50 and 150 employees
- $5,000/year for those with between 150 and 1000 employees
- $10,000/year for larger companies
Qualifying contributions may be mailed, along with this Contribution Form, to:
- $5,000/year for startups and companies of fewer than 50 employees
- $20,000/year for those with between 50 and 150 employees
- $50,000/year for those with between 150 and 1000 employees
- $100,000/year for larger companies
Government and Industry Affiliates and Partners Program
ATTN: Dr. Lily Liang, Chair Professor
Bldg 42, Suite 112
Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
University of the District of Columbia
4200 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20008